Back in April, producer John Landau hinted that Avatar 2 might not make cinemas by 2014, as previously planned. Well this week director James Cameron issued his own update, revealing that the film definitely won’t hit “until 2015 or later.”
Speaking to the New York Times, the director explained that he is hard at work on the scripts for parts 2 and 3, and revealed that while the motion-capture work will be done in California, the bulk of the of the action will be shot at Peter Jackson’s production studio in Wellington, New Zealand.
So can you wait another three years to return to Pandora?
- James Cameron – Avatar 2 Pushed Back To 2015 (contactmusic.com)
- ‘Avatar’ Sequel Won’t Come Before 2015, Says James Cameron (moviesblog.mtv.com)
- ‘Avatar 2′ Won’t Be Ready Until 2015 At the Earliest (screenrant.com)
- ‘Avatar’ Director James Cameron Builds in New Zealand (nytimes.com)
- James Cameron praises NZ film culture (bigpondnews.com)
- James Cameron: ‘Avatar’ Sequels May Happen In 2015 Or Later (huffingtonpost.com)
- James Cameron – James Cameron To Film Three Avatar Sequels At Same Time (contactmusic.com)
- James Cameron – James Cameron Snaps Up Land In New Zealand (contactmusic.com)